Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mark Richt Apologizes to Vanderbilt Coach: Calls Player a Dumbass






After Saturday's thriller between the Georgia Bulldogs and Vanderbilt Commodores there was an altercation on the field as coaches and players met to shake hands. 
What had appeared to of happened was that head coach of the Commodores James Franklin—unhappy with the way a Bulldog player reacted to the win—ran out onto the field pointing at a specific player.
Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham—in an attempt to stick up for his players—started yelling at Franklin.
"Some things were said that I didn't think were appropriate and I tried to find Coach Richt to address it and I couldn't find Coach Richt and I happened to have a discussion with one of their assistant coaches and it didn't go well," Coach Franklin said of the altercation after the game.
Monday, WSMV-Nashville released a video they shot of coach Richt and coach Franklin discussing what happened on the field. The video can be seen below.
Here's the dialogue exchanged between the two coaches:
James Franklin: "Yeah, rubbed it in our faces right after the game and then your coach, when I tell him about it, he goes after me and the fight starts."

Mark Richt: "Yeah, that's what I though happened. I apologize."
Outkickthecoverage.com's Clay Travis claims that if you look at Richt's lips when Franklin says, "right after the game," it appears as though Richt is saying the words, "Yeah, he's a dumbass."
Who could Mark Right be referring to here?
A player? Coach Grantham? 
To me, Richt could be saying any millions of combinations of words available in the English dictionary. Knowing the kind of man that Mark Richt is—or that he appears to be—he would never call out one of his coaches and would certainly never call any player a "dumbass".
You be the judge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management